We are pleased to launch the 2020 National Pig Awards, demonstrating the industry’s excellence and, at this time of crisis, resilience!
The National Pig Awards have become established as the premier event in the pig industry calendar. The awards recognise and reward excellence, foster innovation and inspire creativity and information sharing. It is the only awards competition exclusive to the British pig industry.
The event has gone from strength to strength over the years and previous winners have set incredibly high standards for the rest of the industry to follow.
Entries for the seventh edition of the awards are currently being accepted into the following categories:
- Indoor and Outdoor Producer of the Year, sponsored by ForFarmers
- Finisher of the Year, sponsored by HIPRA
- Herd Productivity of the Year, sponsored by Huvepharma
- Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Ceva Animal Health
- Marketing Initiative of the Year, sponsored by Rattlerow
- Pedigree Breeder of the Year
- Special Achievement of the Year Sponsored by Meadow Quality
- Stockman of the Year, sponsored by MSD Animal Health
- Trainee of the Year, sponsored by PIC UK
- Unit Manager of the Year, sponsored by Antec
- Young Farm Vet of the Year, sponsored by Zoetis
- Young Pig Farmer of the Year, Sponsored by, Boehringer Ingelheim
The deadline for entries is June 26.
To read more about the event, the categories, judging criteria’s and importantly complete your entry or nomination, please visit our dedicated new National Pig Awards website – www.nationalpigawards.co.uk
Stewart Houston will again chair the illustrious panel of judges. “I am delighted to be doing the job again,” he said. “Last year saw the usual high standard of entries, giving us an incredibly difficult task of selecting the very worthy winners. It is always a pleasure to recognise this talent and drive, particularly so when it comes to the young people making a name for themselves in this industry.”
Pig World publisher Simon Lewis said “We have been determined to push ahead, despite all uncertainty, to ensure the industry gets its big night and that the industry champions setting the high standards for others to follow are duly rewarded.
“So, don’t hesitate, if you think, you’ve got what it takes, get your entry in!
“Of course, safety will always be the priority – we will follow the advice as it changes and ensure all contingencies are covered.”
For the latest information on the National Pig Awards please follow our social media accounts, Twitter @pigworldmag and Facebook @NationalPigAwards. Don’t forget to tag us in any posts and use the hashtag #PIGAwards20
Don’t forget to submit your entry on www.nationalpigawards.co.uk by Friday 26 June.