The Pig Industry Scholarship is looking for businesses from across the pig sector that believe they could benefit from a new approach to recruitment.
The Pig Industry Scholarship, developed by AHDB, the NPA Allied Industry Group (now part of the NPA Pig Industry Group) and Harper Adams University, recruits highly qualified and committed young entrants into the pig industry. Over the years, it has seen 35 students spend their placement year within the pig industry.
The scheme organisers are looking for forward-thinking pig producers and other businesses across the sector to join the initiative aimed at attracting the next generation of employees to the pig industry.
Applications close on August 31.
They have outlined the benefits to businesses of the scheme, including:
- Attract potential new employees from a huge pool of talent
- Gain first access to students looking for a placement
- Be seen as a business that cares about upskilling the next generation
- Establish a relationship with a student early in their studies
- Opportunity to appraise students during a ‘year-long interview’
- Financial investment is similar to advertising in the national farming press and is often tax-deductible.
AHDB said: “If you could offer a placement, be it on farm, in an animal health or nutrition business, engineering or perhaps in agri-food and marketing, we would love to hear from you.”
Alternatively, you can get in touch with Pippa Handley, AHDB senior knowledge exchange manager, to discuss the programme in more detail.
E: [email protected]
T: 07580 704323