Italy announces €25 million support package for ASF affected companies

A decree that governs the criteria for granting funding support for the pig sector, equal to €25 million, was recently signed – to help companies with the continuing effects of the African swine fever (ASF) epidemic. 

The funding is aimed at supporting companies in the pig sector that have suffered indirect damage due to the application of measures for the prevention, eradication and containment of African swine fever (ASF); and the blocking of exports of processed products, starting from January 13, 2022 until June 30, 2022, that are located in the Italian districts subject to health restrictions.

The decree’s objective is to support those involved in the industry with the coping of the ASF crisis – as such, 60% of the funding resources have been allocated to pork production, with the remaining 40% sidelined for companies in the slaughtering and processing sector.

The decree was signed by Stefano Patuanelli, the Italian minister of agricultural, food and forestry policies, and it received the agreement of the State-Regions Conference.

Get Our E-Newsletter - Pig World's best stories in your in-box twice a week
Will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy
Share.

About The Author