JE Stent and Son
We are a progressive growing pig company based in North East, Suffolk.
JE Stent and Son has five pig farms varying in size and technology. All are straw based systems taking pigs from a newly weaned piglet through to finish for a large pig production company. This company as well as JE Stent and Son are well known for their high welfare ethos and advanced technological systems
We are looking for a Pig Farm Manager on one site to do the weekly routine management and stockwork, also to support the other sites when and if needed.
- Good rates of pay.
- Regular holidays.
- A weekend rota.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- A good understanding of technology.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a wider team.
- The ability to have self-motivation and personal organisational skills
- The day to day running of the unit.
- Weekly record keeping and ordering of feed.
- Ability to liaise with the field’s person and owner regarding any problems that may arise.
The farm is situated in rural Suffolk near Bungay and the Waveney valley which is an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Suffolk coastal region is only a few minutes away. Southwold being 12 miles away and Halesworth 4 miles away, with good train links to London.
Applicants would receive
A salary in the region of £26,000 + bonus and pension.
28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holidays.
A house can be offered.
A fixed salary contract with the ability of additional working hours during harvest.
Training will be provided if required.
Please send your full CV and covering letter to JE Stent & Son, Poplar Tree Farm, Redisham, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 8NF or email firstname.lastname@example.org