AHDB is running a series of workshops designed to help farm owners, managers and supervisors to develop their management skills.
Workshop topics include coaching others, communication and negotiation skills with each session providing “practical tips and tools” to help managers become more effective in the workplace and more confident when dealing with other people, both inside and outside the business.
“Securing the right skills, services and contracts are vital for running a productive and profitable business,” said AHDB’s communications senior manager, Gill Stephenson.
Workshop topics are:
- Strengthen your existing skills and develop the performance of your team
- Benefit from using alternative techniques to get more done with less conflict, frustration and stress
- Confidently prepare and manage discussions which lead to win-win outcomes.
Workshop dates, locations and times:
- Coaching others: 8 March 2017, Telford NFU Office, 09:30 – 17:00
- Communication: 18 May 2017, Telford NFU Office, 09:30 – 17:00
- Negotiation skills: 22 May 2017, Exeter NFU Office, 09:30 – 17:00
- Negotiation skills: 23 May 2017, Telford NFU Office, 09:30 – 17:00
- Negotiation skills: 25 May 2017, Wetherby, the Bridge Hotel, 09:30 – 17:00