A fresh look at how the “momentous events” of 2016 will affect the future of UK agriculture next year and beyond will be the theme of a 12-venue seminar series run next spring by the farm business consultancy, Andersons.
Speakers have been asked to address the question of whether or not the farming industry is ready to face the challenges of 2017, while also grasping the opportunities that will present themselves.
The full seminar topic list includes:
- the financial health of the industry,
- Brexit and farm policy,
- technology and farming,
- sector-by-sector analysis
- profitability outlook, and,
- future structural change.
Dates, all in March, and locations are as follows:
- 3 – RAF Club, London
- 7 – Harper Adams University, Newport
- 8 – Westmorland J36 Auction Centre, Kendal
- 9 – Carfraemill Lodge Hotel, Lauder
- 10 – York Racecourse
- 14 – Yew Lodge Hotel, Kegworth
- 15 – Perth Racecourse
- 17 – Newmarket Racecourse
- 21 – East of England Showground, Peterborough
- 22 – Salisbury Racecourse
- 23 – Exeter Racecourse
- 24 – Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester