AHDB Pork has announced the dates and venues for a new series of regional forums with an encouragement for all pig producers and allied industry members to have their say on the work of the organisation.
“Everybody is welcome to attend and we are interested in all shades of opinion,” said AHDB Pork knowledge exchange (KE) lead, Steve Winfield (pictured above). “Nobody has a monopoly on good ideas!”
Designed to enable attendees to provide more direct input into AHDB Pork’s proposed technical activity and to offer feedback on the quality and relevance of its work, the main objectives of the forums include:
- To discuss how best to go about improving key performance indicators for closing the physical pig performance gap in the region
- To get feedback on AHDB Pork knowledge transfer activity and collect new ideas
- To achieve better coordination within the regions and work more effectively with other businesses to avoid duplication.
Forum dates and venues are:
- May 18 -Solstice Park Holiday Inn, near Stonehenge, starting at 4:00pm. Contact KE manager Ben Golledge, on 07583 170 941
- May 24 – Bridge Hotel, Walshford, Wetherby, at 4:00pm, contact KE manager Richard Bows on 07816 941 223
- June 14 – at Denny Bros, Bury St Edmunds, starting at 2:00pm, contact KE manager Andrew Palmer on 07976 443 454.