Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
We have a temporary opportunity for a Pig Farm/Arable Worker on a pig & arable farm in Yorkshire (YO8).
The temporary booking is for two months.
The candidate will be working independently in looking after 2000 bed and breakfast pigs from 40kg through to finish.
- Checking pigs, injecting/drawing out sick pigs, checking feed and water supply
- Keeping basic stock and medicine records
- Bedding up and scraping out using 4-tonne Telehandler with teagle straw chopper
- Out and in loading/sorting pigs between batches
- Mucking out buildings between batches using Telehandler and muck grab and preparing for the following batch
- A small amount of pressure washing
The remainder of the role will need to be in arable.
- Stacking large quadrant bales with Telehandler in the field
- Loading trailers with bales and transporting bales to and from farms
- Leading muck with tractor and trailer using modern 170-200hp tractors
- Cultivating stubbles, raking straw and flail mowing – experience not necessary, however, needs to be competent operating a tractor and willing to learn
- May be occasional general low skill farm/machinery maintenance jobs
- Full UK driving license and own vehicle
- Experience in tractor driving and towing/reversing fixed axle trailers.
- Competent in operating a Telehandler (Telehandler certificate preferred)
Rate – £9.50 – £10.50 per hour
- Free accommodation (if needed)
- Travel expenses
- Daily subsistence (if applicable)