Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
We are recruiting for a pig stockperson for a farm in Somerset (BA6).
The producer has an indoor 400-sow farrow-to-finish pig unit and are looking for someone to head up the farrowing house.
They farrow weekly; all pigs are on a dry feed system. They mix all their own feed using locally grown materials. They have a mixture of straw-housed pigs and slatted pigs.
They also run 300 head of beef cattle; help is sometimes required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working with pigs/livestock – Training is available
- Enthusiasm and a desire to work in the Pig Industry
- Along with high welfare standards and attention to detail
- Ideally, tractor and telehandler experience, but applicants can learn on the job
Salary: From £30,000 (d.o.e) + overtime
- 07:00 – 17:00 during the week
- Early starts of 05:30 – 18:00 on days pigs are going
- Alternate weekends 07:00 – 12:00
Accommodation is unavailable, so local candidates must be able to commute to BA6.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don’t see a suitable vacancy.
At this time, we can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.