Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Our client has a new vacancy for an Indoor Pig Stockperson on their 4500-pig finishing unit in Dorset (DT2).
About the farm:
This farm is part of the much wider business, which are large dairy farmers and cheesemakers.
The family have been farming there for six generations and extends to 580 acres.
Working alongside the head stockperson, duties will include:
- Pig welfare
- Routine washing and cleaning
- Loading and unloading livestock
- Using the fully automated liquid feeding system
- Overseeing the unit in the absence of the head pig stockperson
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £20k – £23k (d.o.e)
Accommodation: Two-bed cottage
- Hours: 07.30 – 17.00 with 30 mins morning break and an hour for lunch
- Early starts occasionally for pigs going out
- Every alternate weekend working, usually 4 hours per day
- Other overtime as required – 45 – 50 hour week
- Further work available if the candidate is a competent tractor driver