Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
We have a fantastic new job vacancy for an Indoor Pig Stockperson on a unit in Dorset (DT2).
This Pig Producer is currently seeking to recruit for their modern breeding site and will consider entry-level or experienced candidates.
Duties will include:
- Working with the farm team
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the unit
- General pig husbandry
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the animals
- Ensuring the right conditions are achieved prior to farrowing
- Serving of sows
- Movement of animals
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of animal welfare and hygiene practices along with the ability to work to a high standard without supervision.
A can-do attitude and good attention to detail are essential, and the right applicant will:
- Be a team player
- Be motivated by good results
- Be flexible and willing to work rotating weekends
- Have excellent written, numerical and verbal skills
Previous experience in pig stockmanship is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
The company can offer excellent career opportunities and training to ensure people reach their full potential.
Accommodation may be available.