Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Indoor Pig Stockperson on a unit in Dorset (DT2).
This producer currently seeks to recruit for their modern breeding site and will consider entry-level or experienced candidates.
Duties will include:
- Working within the farm team
- Assisting in the day-to-day running for the unit
- General husbandry
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the animals
- Ensuring the right conditions are achieved prior to farrowing
- Serving of sows
- Movement of animals
Candidates must demonstrate that they understand animal welfare and hygiene practices and be able to work to a high standard.
A can-do attitude and good attention to detail are essential, and the right applicant will be:
- A team player
- Motivated for good results
- Flexible and willing to work rotating weekends
Previous experience in pig stockmanship is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Salary guide: £20,000 – £28,000 doe + accommodation.
The company can offer excellent career opportunities and training to ensure people reach their full potential.