Our client in Buckinghamshire is seeking a Pig Stockperson for their Red Tractor assured Gilt Mating Unit.
The pig unit is based on a 70-acre farm that also runs a 136-herd of cattle. Candidates must be enthusiastic, responsible and able to manage the unit should the owner be away from the site. The right applicant will be forward-thinking and always have pig welfare as a top priority. The role involves:
- The day-to-day running of pig unit
- Ordering food each week
- Administering vaccinations and welfare plans
- AI of the pigs and scanning on rotations
- Computer and admin work, uploading information and record-keeping
- Tractor driving (essential)
Candidates should demonstrate the above experience but full training can be provided.
Salary is up to 25k dependant on experience (40-hour week). There is also a mobile home on-site available for the right applicant, with parking and a private garden.