Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Our client is looking to employ a Senior Pig Stockperson for its 550-sow farm in Bedfordshire (MK44).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead the team at one of three thriving pig farms within a company farming pigs for over 65 years.
The pig farms sit alongside a large 2,450-hectare arable farm as part of a group of companies. This is a great prospect for someone who wants to be an essential part of a large, well-respected organization.
The unit was refurbished 10 years ago with a state-of-the-art weaner and farrowing accommodation.
- To manage a team of two full-time staff members to ensure effective day-to-day operations of the breeding and weaner unit
- To ensure high levels of production and exemplary standards of animal welfare whilst also maintaining buildings, feed systems and all farm equipment
Ideal Person Specification:
- This is a practical hands-on role, so an affinity with pigs & indoor farming methods
- A proven track record in a similar environment with some management responsibility
- Excellent stockmanship
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Highly motivated and a can-do attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in all areas of the farm
- Passionate about a strong health and safety culture
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (d.o.e)
- 4-bed house
- Work 1 in 3 weekends working rota (when experienced to do so)
- Bonus scheme