Website Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
We are recruiting for an entry-level Pig Stockperson for a pig farm in Aberdeenshire (AB41). The family-run farm produces pigs and arable. They home-mix feed and have 400 sows, taking all progeny to bacon supplying Scottish Aldi stores. The is a modern indoor unit that was awarded runner up in Farmers Weekly ‘Pig Farmer of the Year. This is an entry-level pig stockperson role, so experience is not essential. However, candidates must:
- Be reliable and hardworking
- Be empathic with animals
- Put livestock welfare before everything
This really is a great opportunity for someone to learn all aspects of pig production on a unit with high standards and fantastic results. The farm has expansion plans with the potential for promotion for the right person. Job Role:
- Pressure washing
- Responsibility for sections of the unit
- Working on modern slatted indoor unit with dry sows on straw
- Working electronic sow feeders & liquid feed
- No machinery experience required training will be given.
Salary guide: £18,000 – £22,000 + DOE Working 40 hours per week, plus overtime and work every second weekend.
Accommodation: 3-bed cottage with central heating, double garage & small garden.