Role: Unit Manager – High Performing Indoor Multiplication
Salary: Competitive Basic + Bonus Scheme + Accommodation
Location: Tamworth (Staffordshire)
Rattlerow Farms is one of the largest and longest established, privately owned and entirely independent pig genetics businesses in Europe. The company has over 65 year’s experience, spanning three generations, and has continuously invested in its genetics and high health. We take pride in the quality and dedication our staff and this is reflected in our excellent retention levels.
You will be working on a multiplication, closed herd breeding unit alongside 3 experienced colleagues. The farm covers all areas of the production process from Farrowing, Weaning, Serving, Gilt Selection, Finishing, and selling breeding stock to some of the UK’s most successful farms.
You will be overseeing the running of the site, managing a team of 3 other colleagues, booking in pig movements, ordering feed, medicine orders, fulfilling gilt orders, maintaining the farms high performance in all areas, communicating with head office, completing weekly and monthly reports to head office.
All animals are looked after to Red Tractor Assured Standards so candidates must have a focus on welfare and enjoy an active job.
– Competitive package – Rate will depend on experience
– Accommodation on site provided
– Bonus structure dependant on performance
– Experienced team to learn and develop
– External training courses
– Hard working, ‘Can Do’ Attitude
– Management experience would be preferable but not essential
– Someone that will work regular weekends
– Tractor driving experience ideal
– Someone that enjoy’s working with animals
– Driving licence
– Person who has no exposure to other pigs or pig farms