R.E. Phillips & Son
A position has become available working on a 380 sow, farrow to finish unit in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. The successful applicant will be working as part of a small team on the day to day management of the breeding, farrowing and grower pigs. The pig unit is a part of a larger arable, beef and sheep farm.
Shared responsibilities include:
· AI collection and processing
· Sow Services
· Farrowing house management
· Feeding of all ages from sows through to growers of 12 weeks of age
· Vaccinations and medication
· Routine procedures on a weekly farrowing system
The applicant will be required to take joint responsibility for the day to day running and management of the herd and therefore needs to be self-motivated and have a desire to work to a high standard of animal welfare whilst maintaining and improving the herd performance where necessary.
Competitive salary on offer.