Wold Farms Ltd
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the food service sector and further processors. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Fields Person to join the busy Wold Farms team at the Preston site.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the Contracted pig Rearing and Finishing farms in order to meet the business requirements as determined by the Company, in accordance with the appropriate Company Codes, Policies and Statutory Requirements
Main duties include:
- Ensuring that animal welfare is in accordance with Company policies
- Ensure that Farm security systems are in place and implemented at all times
- Ensure that the Farms are maintained to the standards set by the Company and that they are in accordance with the Red Tractor and RSPCA schemes.
- Ensure that the five freedoms in respect of animal welfare are followed by all farm staff through instruction, observation and training
- Ensure that any breach of animal welfare is dealt with, according to Company directives
- Monitor and act in the event of a disease challenge or sub-standard piglets delivered to sites
- Oversee the selection of slaughter pigs to meet the target weight and quality
- Load, Unload and vaccinate pigs as required.
- Plan and inform the Admin team of all weekly stock movements, sign off feed deliveries and report mortalities
- Periodically attend Veterinary, Red Tractor and Freedom Food audits and ensure all non-conformances are corrected within the timescale
- Accurate and prompt completion of weekly data to be forwarded to the office
Daily start times will be influenced by and be dependent on the planned movement of pigs each day, hours worked will be based on a 48 hour per week.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to: Human Resources, Cranswick Country Foods, Staithes Road, Preston, HU12 8TB or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th February 2020
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying