Stephen Tuer Farms Ltd
As a business, Stephen Tuer Farms Ltd is progressive and forward thinking in Indoor Pig Breeding & Finishing. We strive to achieve efficiencies through extensive use of technology including computerised Liquid Feed Systems and have an innovative approach to data management. Currently at 1200 sows, our aim is to achieve further growth by continual improvement and through this become the best that we can be.
As part of this growth, we are now seeking a Pig Operations Manager, as detailed below.
The overall role of Pig (Operations) Manager is to lead staff in their roles within our production cycle. Below are the key areas of responsibility, but are not limited to:
· the overseeing of production at all sites, including Dry Sows/Gilts, Farrowing, Weaning and Finishing units
· managing department heads and their teams within these units at all sites
· overall management of the production cycle and all related records
· developing processes, protocols, routines as appropriate to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the units and staff within them
· agree the production targets, with Owner of business that will form the basis of the KPI’s mentioned above
· be responsible for the recruitment of any new staff and their training (both induction and ongoing); our vision is to have a strong mentoring culture within the business to retain staff.
· To be a trouble-shooter for the business and to achieve this in an open, non-judgemental way to encourage a true flow of information between staff and management
Along with your key roles and responsibilities, there will also be the day to day on site tasks which your position will be required to cover:
· Have full working knowledge of our ‘Cloudfarms’ system to manage the input of data and output of information to develop KPI’s
· Have an understanding and control of what happens behind all of the numbers and records and apply a common-sense approach to continuous improvement.
· Become a ‘working’ member of the team at all locations, when necessary, to cover holidays/sickness, therefore day to day knowledge of everyone’s role is essential.
· Regular staff meetings and appraisals
As a new role within the company, we have high expectations and are looking for person with key attributes to assist in the development of the business. You must therefore be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
· You must be a leader of people; who engages with staff and does not alienate
· You should enjoy challenging conventional approaches
· Be able to prioritise your and your team’s workload
· Be energetic in your approach to physical work and in doing so, enthuse the team around you
· Delegate management responsibility wherever possible, to ensure your time is spent effectively
· Through having excellent communication skills, gain a consensus within the team
· Flexible, where necessary
· Promote, recognise and reward high standards. And be able to lead by example
· Always have the ability to see the bigger picture, even when goal orientated
Growth within the business has occurred rapidly over the last 3 years and our vision is to be a progressive business and to drive growth and efficiency even further. We have shorter and longer-term goals which means expansion will be continuous over the next 5 years. Your role will play a big part in this development.
For a more comprehensive Job Description, please email email@example.com
If this appeals to you, then we look forward to receiving your CV.