The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain and managed as an independent organisation (independent of both commercial industry and of Government).
We are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic member of staff to the AHDB Pork Knowledge Exchange team to contribute to our technical delivery.
You will manage a small Knowledge Transfer team, responsible for translating the outputs of research into technical tools and resources. This is done through harnessing relevant research outputs from around the world, through involvement in the EUPiG innovation group and by managing our own PhD and field trials programme. The team then translate that knowledge into relevant tools and technical resources in order to accelerate productivity within the pig industry. Building networks with key industry groups, consultants, vets, processors and producers will be crucial to your success. You will have a good working knowledge of pork production and related supply chains as well as KT/Innovation partners and KT acquisition methods.
- Manage the sector KT team activity within budget and provide accurate and appropriate reporting information to the Head of KE
- Lead a small team of KT/technical staff to plan, organise and supervise production of technical resources which deliver the outcomes of research or best practice in suitable form/s for effective delivery by the KE Manager team
- Lead the management of AHDB Pork’s PhD and field trial programme, working with a wide range of internal and external technical deliverers
- Manage relationships with relevant EU and UK research and innovation partners, e.g. EUPIG, seeking to build networks and joint working opportunities
- Ensure the link between KE, research and communication functions operates successfully
- Be a point of contact for the Pork sector with internal and external stakeholders/professionals and media for matters relating to the technical and KT area of activity
- Where directed by the Head of KE, provide industry representation e.g. industry committees and groups
- Knowledge of trial/research protocols and knowledge transfer methods and tactics
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience working in the pig industry
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and a track record of delivering technical information/presentations at farmer meetings and high-profile conferences
- Results-driven individual, with experience of achieving operational targets
- Knowledge of UK/EU research partners and EU funding streams (desirable)
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in an agricultural related subject, with significant industrial or post-graduate applied research/KT experience
- Line management experience of a small team (desirable)
- Can demonstrate a desire and willingness to actively develop own skills and knowledge
For application details, please visit our: www.ahdb.org.uk/vacancies