Our client is seeking a Junior Indoor Pig Stockperson to join their breeding team.
Situated on the Lancashire/Greater Manchester Border, the farm has 450 indoor sows, taking the pigs to 20kgs.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
• An agricultural background or qualifications
• Some knowledge of pigs would be useful but not essential
• A desire to want to learn about the industry
• Keenness to get stuck in with washing, cleaning, moving
• People and team skills
• A passion for the pig industry
This is a genuine career opportunity for the right person. It would ideally suit someone who has had some insight into agriculture through college or personal experience and is now looking to make a career for themselves within the Pig Industry.
The accommodation on offer is a shared mobile home on site, so best suited to a single person.
Local applicants are welcome – you would need to be able to commute to WN6.