Website Rattlerow Farms
Role: Experienced Pig Stockman – Multiplication Breeding Unit
Location: Kings Lynn
Rattlerow Farms is one of the largest and longest established, privately owned and entirely independent pig genetics businesses in Europe. The company has over 60 year’s experience, spanning three generations, and has continuously invested in its genetics and high health which has allowed it to make enormous economic gains with producers and also retailers.
You will be working on a multiplication breeding herd of 600 sows, working in all departments from Farrowing to Weaning to Serving the animals. This is an extremely physical role and will require long hours at times, however you will be working alongside a highly skilled, vibrant team who will help show you the ropes. This is an indoor pig farm that operates under Red tractor standards.
Rattlerow Farms has recently won the ‘Investor In Training Award’ at the National Pig awards which is an enormous accolade to the investment they show in each and every individual the employ.
All animals are looked after to RSPCA Assured Standards so candidates must have a focus on welfare and enjoy an active job.
– Competitive Salary
– Experienced team to learn and develop
– Company days out (previous days include paintballing, climbing three peaks, Centre Parks)
– Hard working, ‘Can Do’ Attitude
– 2 years pig stockman experience required
– People that enjoy working with animals
– Driving licence
– Tractor experience is very important for this role (other machinery would also be ok)
– Person who has no exposure to other pig farms