Website Rattlerow Farms
Role: Experienced Outdoor Manager Required
Salary: Competitive + Bonus Scheme
Location: Sutton (Suffolk)
Rattlerow Farms is one of the largest and longest established, privately owned and entirely independent pig genetics businesses in Europe. The company has over 60 year’s experience, spanning three generations, and has continuously invested in its genetics and high health which has allowed it to make enormous economic gains with producers and also retailers.
You will be working on a commercial breeding herd of 1200 sows (across 2 sites), overseeing 4 very skilled stockman. The farm covers a number of production areas including farrowing, weaning and serving. You will be responsible for farm performance and recording data and reporting back to head office.
This is an extremely physical role and will require long hours at times, however you will be working alongside a highly skilled, vibrant team who will help show you the ropes.
Rattlerow Farms has recently won the ‘Investor In Training Award,’ at the National Pig awards which is an enormous accolade to the investment they show in each and every individual the employ.
All animals are looked after to RSPCA Assured Standards so candidates must have a focus on welfare and enjoy an active job.
– Competitive Salary
– Very competitive breeding bonus
– Experienced team to learn and develop
– External training courses
– Company days out (previous days include paintballing, climbing three peaks, Centre Parks)
– 4 YEARS + experience working with pigs
– Minimum of 2 years+ pig management experience
– People that enjoy working with animals
– Driving licence
– Person who has no exposure to other pig farms