Wayland Farms Ltd
Wayland Farms is serious about breeding and rearing our top quality pigs. We form part of the successful Cranswick PLC and from farm to fork, we settle for nothing but the best. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
We are currently seeking to employ a Breeding Group Manager for our successful Pig Breeding Units within the East Anglian Region. The successful candidate will have people management/supervisory experience and an advanced knowledge of pig farming with active involvement in all areas of the pig breeding process.
Key responsibilities will include;
- The day to day Management of a nominated group of units, staff and livestock.
- Ensuring all units are adequately staffed at all times, holidays are planned and covered as required.
- Ensuring Animal welfare and Health & Safety is adhered to at all times within the teams
- The management, performance and reporting of the units against targets.
- Adherence to company codes of practice and policies.
- Ensuring the condition, appearance and security of the units is maintained.
- Leading by example and maintaining appropriate behavioral standards for self and team
- Active involvement with all audits carried out on the units
- Ensuring that the five freedoms in respect of animal welfare are followed by all staff through instruction, observation and training.
- Liaising with HR and Senior Management where required in order to provide information or complete documentation as required.
- Ensuring that any breaches of the Company’s policies are dealt with in line with Company procedure
You must be flexible and show the ability to work within a team supporting colleagues and Management.
Previous people management, agricultural experience and a full driving licence required.
Interested? Email/post a CV and covering letter, including the role you are applying for and your salary expectations to email@example.com or FAO: HR, Cranswick Country Foods Plc. Brandon Road, Watton, Norfolk, IP25 6LW