Website PIC New Zealand Ltd
About the business and the role
PIC New Zealand Ltd is a is one of New Zealand’s leading pig production and genetics businesses with six farm units at various locations throughout New Zealand.
We currently require Senior Stockperson (Piggery) workers with 3-5 years pig production experience who wish to join our team. A competitive salary package with a production bonus scheme will be offered to the right person.
This is a permanent full-time position.
In conjunction with the Team Leader, perform required daily tasks in the assigned section.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily pig care
- Feeding and watering of stock
- Manage barn and pen environments; temperature and air quality
- Maintain section cleanliness and sanitation
- Maintain accurate records
- Routinely check and repair facilities and equipment including basic preventative maintenance
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by the Team Leader, from time to time
- Follow all bio-security protocols as outlined in the PIC NZ Employee Handbook
- Ensure that animals in the section are treated humanely and within the provisions of the Animal Welfare Code
- Follow all PIC NZ policies and procedures
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong organising and prioritising skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow commands
- Committed to learning the safe way to perform duties
- Adheres to all company policies
- Positive and proactive
- Team player
- Honest and reliable
PIC New Zealand Ltd is a non discriminatory and equal opportunity employer and is focused on, and promotes training and professional development opportunities and career progression for its employees.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand (or ability to attain an NZ work visa) and may be subject to a pre-employment medical and drugs and alcohol test.