Rearing and finishing of pigs across the North of England
Pig Livestock Fieldsman
An opportunity has arisen to join the Ian Mosey team based near Hovingham. Ian Mosey is a prestigious family owned business whose activities include the breeding, rearing and finishing of pigs across Yorkshire and the North of England.
We are looking for experienced stockmen to work as part of our team to deliver comprehensive support in the day to day running of our pig business.
- Visit farms on a regular basis to monitor all aspects of pig husbandry and performance including pig health, welfare, housing, cleanliness, feed utilization, and security
- Build and develop relationships with farmers and unit managers to ensure best husbandry practice, high welfare standards and production efficiency
- Reporting to management and assist with selection of pigs for slaughter
- Supporting team of livestock hauliers – sorting, loading and unloading pigs
- Administering vaccine and other pharmaceuticals to pigs
- Working within our team and with our farming customers
- Completion and submission of records (e.g. medicine usage)
Skills & Experience
- Keen interest and sound knowledge of UK Pig Farming, including some practical experience.
- Previous work experience in the Agriculture Sector, ideally the Pig Industry.
- Knowledge and experience of handling livestock (pigs specifically)
- A genuine desire to achieve excellent animal husbandry and welfare
- Fit, energetic and highly organised
- Driving licence
- Ability to give instructions
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to work independently, use own initiative and within a team
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the North of England
- Friendly and have excellent customer facing skills
- Fieldsmen must be motivated to achieve high performance standards in their day to day duties, and willing to travel the extra mile in return for excellent rates of pay.
Attractive rate of pay.