Rearing and finishing of pigs across the North of England
Outdoor Breeding Unit Manager
Based in Hovingham (20 miles north of York)
The Ian Mosey Group is a reputable and successful family owned animal feed manufacturer and livestock operation. Our on-going success stems from our dedication to provide high quality products and excellent service to each of our customers.
Working with our professional and innovative team within our successful pig business, we now have an exciting opportunity to join the Group in the role of Outdoor Breeding Unit Manager for a new breeding farm we are establishing in Hovingham, near York
You will play a pivotal role in facilitating and planning the development and set up of this new outdoor pig breeding unit, taking responsibility for the day to day management of a new herd of 1000-1200 sows, producing 7kg weaners.
· Responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the outdoor pig breeding unit
· Efficient management of pig production costs
· Ensure welfare code, health & safety and quality assurance requirements are adhered to always
· Maintain knowledge of new innovation within the pig industry to ensure continuous improvement and development
· Regular communication with senior management
Key Skills and Abilities
· Previous experience working on a pig breeding farm or relevant practical experience within the pig industry
· Thorough understanding of pig husbandry
· Excellent stockmanship skills
· Excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate at all levels through all channels
· Pro-active, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to use own initiative
· Results driven
· Previous experience with outdoor pig production
What’s on Offer?
· Competitive salary and performance related bonus
· Company Pension Scheme
· Childcare Voucher Scheme
If you think you have the skills and experience we need, we’d love to hear from you. APPLY NOW not to miss this excellent career opportunity!